Friday, October 31, 2008

Change of Life

A lot of people don't like change. They're in their own little comfortable bubble and if anybody bursts that bubble, they don't know what to do and all of a sudden their lives are chaotic and in all sorts of distress. Not me. I love change! I thrive off it, I have to consistently have it to survive. I told Lance I don't know if I could ever handle buying a house because after about 2 years I'd want to move again. We're nowhere near buying a house stage of life, but we are moving 2500 miles next week. I really enjoy moving because it changes every aspect of life. Where we work, go to school, where we live, shop, drive, what ward we're in, what callings we have, the culture, the climate, the people we interact with everyday. I love all of that. But, change is hard. I think that's why most people don't care for change, because its hard and requires effort and a little bit of faith. Change effects the way we think because of our surroundings and because of the people we interact with. That to me is a miracle.

I cannot say enough about how great moving to Charleston has been for us as husband and wife, but specifically for me. I have a whole new outlook on life and the gospel. I am so much more open minded and "free." I feel like a completely new person and I'm honestly scared to leave Charleston because I don't ever want to lose the things I've learned. I don't ever want my memory to fade of all my experiences here and the things I've come to learn and love. Yes, I'm terrified at the thought of moving away. I still love change and because of change alone, I'm excited to move. I often ponder of the things I'll be faced with in the next few years whether good or bad, and wonder how certain things are possible? But I leave it all in the hands of the Savior. He is my Maker and the Creator of heaven and earth. Surely if anyone knows, He does.

I really love this quote by President James E. Faust,"Each new day that dawns can be a new day for us to begin to change. We can change our environment. We can change our lives by substituting new habits for old. We can mold our character and future by purer thoughts and nobler actions. As someone once put it, “The possibility of change is always there, with its hidden promise of peace, happiness, and a better way of life.”

No comments: