Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Extravaganza

Last night we went with several friends out to Hollywood to a Halloween Extravaganza put on by the local high school. We've never been before so we really didn't have any expectations but we knew there was a haunted house and that was reason enough to go. The price was a little misleading so we ended up paying more than double what we were prepared for. But we went on a haunted hay ride through the woods - it was awesome! I mean, I really don't get scared, every now and then I'm a little jumpy but not a whole lot. Well this got a good scream or two out of me! It was very well done with costumes, skits, lighting, music, pyrotechnics, creepy clowns jumping into the trailer, plenty of chain saws, etc. Oh man, it was awesome!

Afterward, we waited in line for about and hour and a half, yes, AN HOUR AND A HALF just to get into the haunted house. By the time we were up to the front, I was done. I was so tired of waiting and standing, I was hungry, I was exhausted from the day. But I must say, it was worth the wait. I mean this was no ordinary haunted house, they went to every extreme you could think of - dead girl on the bathroom floor while another girl washes in a tub of blood, a demented doctor eating the guts of his screaming patient, scary fingers crawling up your back to your neck (and I knew it wasn't Lance's fingers because he was in front of me), skeletons jumping out at us from the muddy swamp, a mental guy chasing us with a chain saw, etc. I mean, very well done, probably the best haunted house I've been to, ever!

Some pretty neat outdoor decorations.



Matt and Krystal were the only brave ones to go through the haunted house with us.....and wait in line for so long. Who's that guy in the middle?

1 comment:

Matt and Debbie said...

I like your post. And after hearing about it, I'm really glad I missed the haunted house!