Monday, November 24, 2008

As Of Late

I haven't posted in quite some time which just isn't like me so apologies to everyone. I've been so overwhelmed with getting settled into our new place, unpacking, putting everything away, cleaning, and trying to get over a cold. This illness is driving me nuts, I'm so stuffed up I can hardly breathe and yet can't be two feet away from a box of tissues. Sigh. I'm just feeling lazy and tired. You know what I mean, nothing sounds good to eat, I have no desire to cook, shower, get dressed, look good, or even move from the couch. Ugh, being sick is the pits. Luckily whatever I have is mild so I'm hoping to be on the mend soon.

In the mean time, Lance is away talking to Reynold's and/or White's so we'll see about a job when he gets home. He's also going into the college to get registered and start this seemingly daunting task of school. I'm supposed to be organizing the house while he's away...don't tell him I was here and haven't got anything done today. Oops!

My younger brother and the baby of the family, Scott, spoke in church yesterday as he leaves for the MTC next week. He did such a great job, I'm so proud of him! Seriously, when did he grow up? He's got so much potential and is going to be such a great missionary. I'm so excited for all the people he'll meet and the experiences he'll have both good and bad. He's such a great example, I'm rooting for you Scottie!

My younger sister and Lance's older sister came into town yesterday from school. It's been so awesome to catch up on the past several months and be around family, to see how big all the nieces and nephews and the sad realization of just how short I really am. I'm glad to be with family during the holidays but I must acknowledge how much I miss our Charleston family. Just last year Lance and I sat around a large table at the Henriod's with all our friends around. It was so much fun eating, laughing, chatting, and playing Rock Band. And Lindsay, the food was absolutely divine!

Many things will transpire the next couple of weeks so I'll be sure to post again. I do have pictures to share but again, this goes back to the whole lazy/sick/leave-me-alone phase, so check back soon.

2 comments:

Doug and Dawn said...

Becky I am so glad that you guys made it safe. Moving across the country is quite a feat I bet your exhausted. I hope you get over your cold soon. I thought that I might see you again before you left so I have something I need to send you. I really appreciate the time you took to come hang out and show us some of your beading skills. I enjoyed getting to know you better. I think you are such a sweet person and I wish you the best back in Idaho. You will be very missed here in Charleston. If you could just email me your address so I can send this. My email is psdugndawn@hotmail.com. Take care. -Dawn

Cassie said...

That's great that Lance is going back to school. It go's by slow, but when he's done you'll wonder where the time went. Sorry to hear that you are sick, get better soon!