Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Turn for Craft Day

My sister in law, Trish and I hosted Craft Day this month. We decided to go with an idea that we saw in Scrappin' Girlfriends which was a flower/button bouquet. I think they turned out SO cute, I just love mine! So I took care of getting all the materials for the craft while Trish took care of heading up lunch.

Here's how to you make it, I promise it's super easy! You take a floral wire and bend it in half. Slide on your buttons and flower (be sure to put a button on the bottom, otherwise the flower won't stay). and twist the wire from the top down. Then take floral tape and wrap all around the wire for a finished look. You can use only buttons and make button flowers, or you can twist a third of the way down, add a button or two, and then finish twisting the wire. Both ways are super cute! Choose a coordinating ribbon to tire around the middle as leaves and put in any jar of your choice with sand or marbles in the bottom to hold it in place. I tied a ribbon around the neck of the jar for some added character. See, I told you it was easy and it was only $5!
Everybody is busily at work.
I'm helping my cute grandma.Time for a break, all this creating is making me hungry! We had chicken lasagna, fresh homemade rolls, green salad, and fruit.What??? Are you serious, is that really Stephen sitting by Christine? It is! What is he doing? You've got to be kidding me, not only did he stay for the entire Craft Day, but he's also helping her with the craft?!

2 comments:

J-Babe said...

How fun! I love crafts! Also I just read through your other posts on the bridal shower and everything turned out cute, it looks like you guys have such a close knit family, that is awesome.

Tawni Williams said...

Love it! What a blast! Didn't you say you weren't crafty.. ?? Becky you TOTALLY are! Very cute!