Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Turned 24

Here's how my birthday went: I got to work and after a few hours I find that my stomach isn't feeling too hot. I drank a lot of water to try and flush it out and ate a graham cracker. I left work at about 12:30 without telling anybody because my stomach was twisting and turning in complete knots and I was in excruciating, sharp, stabbing sort-of pain. I called the dentist to reschedule my appointment for the afternoon because I really wasn't feeling well. (Now mind you this appointment was no ordinary check up. I've been having some jaw pain so I thought I'd let the dentist figure it out instead of WebMD). The secretary said no, you definitely need to come in and the Dr's last patient just left so the sooner you get here, the sooner he can tell you what's wrong with your jaw. Fine. I was doubled over with nauseous pain so Lance drove me and once I got into the dentist chair I asked him what I'm supposed to do if I need to throw up. At this point I wasn't at all worried about my jaw because my stomach was seriously upside down! He said, you turn that way (pointing to his assistant) and do your thing. Ha! What a comedian! (His lovely assistant then left to get me a bucket).

After he poked and prodded in my mouth a little bit he decided that he needed another Xray. Once he got them he put his finger to his chin and said, "Huh! Well that's a first in my career" and then left to show the other Dr my ever so beautiful Xray. Long story short, the one wisdom tooth that wasn't pulled when I was a junior in high school, has decided to show it's lovely presence by trying to get it's way through another tooth. Yes, I have to have oral surgery next week to remove not just one, but two teeth which will leave me with a huge hole in the back of my mouth. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Tawni Williams said...

I'm SO sad I missed you birthday!! Happy belated! That is NO fun with the tooth situation!! WOW! NOT FUN!