Monday, December 6, 2010

Thankful

Today I'm thankful for the little things. I'm thankful that we have jobs (however scattered and unpredictable Lance's is), that we are able to have food to eat, a place to call home, and clothes to wear. We are warm during the winter. We are clothed and sheltered from the elements. We are filled with food that provides nutrients and energy. Lance is almost done with school and his apprenticeship. I don't know how we go from day to day without noticing and acknowledging the little things: I got to take a nap yesterday, I only drove 10 minutes to the stake center to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, when I got home I took a hot shower, and I slept in a warm and comfy bed next to my husband. I don't know why I'm abundantly blessed because I'm sure I don't deserve it. I don't know why I get to come home each night and I get to go to work each morning. Whatever the reason I am truly blessed which is very humbling.

I'm also very thankful for this time of year because it's when Lance and I started dating 6 years ago. It's very sentimental and tender, I love thinking about it.

No comments: