Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Vintage Sheet Music Wreath

Given Jerusha's musical talents/career and the fact that Lance and I have her name for Christmas, I've seen several vintage sheet music wreaths on various blogs and had to try it out. Here's the end result:
If I were to make another one, of course I would do a few things differently. A few pointers: I used two different Thompson books for sheet music. I found them at the DI and they're the only ones I could find with the yellow-ish paper giving it a more vintage feel. For the bottom layer I used around 60.........(maybe more, I didn't count) sheets, and the top layer I cut one sheet in half to make smaller rolls and put them between every other bottom roll. I used a small wreath (probably 8") and sliced it in half, wrapping wide cream ribbon all the way around so the hot glue would adhere to the ribbon and not melt the wreath. After gluing on the rolls, I reinforced the back by wrapping and gluing half of another strip of ribbon to the back of the wreath and the other half to the rolls. I used ribbon (again) to make a large 12" loop for hanging. Hot glue was my friend for this craft. :) For the middle of the wreath I used various cricut cartridges and scrapbook paper/card stock, and used 3D glue dots to make it stand out a little for each layer. It turned out much larger than I had anticipated but luckily J has the perfect wall for it in her studio!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is so creative, clever AND cute! And perfect for Jerusha. Awesome!

Harris Happenings said...

Wow! You never cease to amaze me. Watch out Martha Stewart! I bet Jerushas loves it!