Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vacation Deals?

I keep having vivid dreams that we moved back to Chas and/or that we went back to visit. Last night I had a dream that Christine and Scott and myself went to Myrtle Beach and got lost trying to find Broadway at the Beach. I don't know if its because I'm anticipating our trip or if its the love that I have for the time we lived there. Either way, for Lance's graduation gift I'm going to use our tax return to go back to Chas to visit for a week or so. Now, there are pros and cons to every situation and some people probably think we're idiots for not using our tax return to pay down student loans or medical bills. Which in a way is true for sure. But on the other hand, when will we have another opportunity to go back and visit? And with a license and few degrees in hand, what better way to say great job and I'm so proud of you, than a visit to loverly Chas? To me the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I'm hoping to accomplish both things with our tax return: get away together to Chas and pay down some debt.

Several months ago I read that Southwest is a new airline carrier for the Chas airport and around March tickets are supposedly uber cheap. Like $30-100 uber cheap! I've got my eye on them and I'm shopping around for the best deal. Car rentals and hotels, anybody seen any deals out there?

Charleston, these two Idahoan's are coming your way and we are beyond thrilled!

2 comments:

Matt and Debbie said...

Hey Becky. I just caught up with your posts. Good for you trying to work out and exercise. I share in your problem. We need exercise because it is good for our health and our hearts. We need Reeses because it contains fat, of which we have little. We purchased a treadmill recently, and after I run for 1 mile (I had to work up to that... don't worry), I am starved. It's a vicious cycle. And Congrats to you guys for almost finishing up with school. Yeah for graduation. How wonderful, and scary at the same time.

Lilita said...

Yay!!