Sunday, January 29, 2012

Projects

I have come to love pinterest because of all the inspiration out there in every aspect of life. Just to jot it down while its fresh in my mind, here are some diy projects that I want to get underway.

  • I want to create a Mud room sort of area by the back door. Technically there's not a separate room but we definitely need a place for muddy shoes, jackets, gardening gloves and buckets, etc. And I'm going to try to get it done out of a few old doors, complete with a padded bench that opens up for storage.
  • ABC blocks so I can finish an area of Kimball's room I've been working on.
  • Last summer I bought a child's school desk at a yard sale for $1. It's currently Lance's nightstand and I bought all the supplies last year to redo it, just haven't had time with the pregnancy and now new baby. But I will get to it soon. I also bought a little side table at the same yard sale for $5, I need to redo that one as well.

I've got a few projects finished this past weekend that I need to document, that will be coming soon. And the super cute branches/leaves from the Amy Butler pattern....I'm finishing that on Tuesday with mom, so excited! Most craft posts to come.

On the same note about projects, during the summer Lance knocked out the porch windows and doors to open it up. It looks so much better! I keep forgetting to post a picture so I'll try to do that soon, I'm only 6 months overdo. Also, a few weeks ago I painted the living room ceiling and Lance put up crown molding. It looks good but we're not quite finished with it yet. I'm trying to convince Lance that we need to repaint the whole room. Initially I just thought we'd touch it up and I do love the chocolate brown color but its really dark. Dark walls and limited lighting drives me crazy in the evenings because we can have all the lights on in the house and its still really dim in there. We'll see if I can convince him, but the catch is, he'll want me to paint.

No comments: