Wednesday, February 15, 2012

As of Late

For the past three weeks Kimball has been fairly consistent at getting up only once every night. On these days I feel like I'm on top of the world and can accomplish anything I want. There are a few nights here and there where he will get up 2-4 times and on those days.....oh my. It's so easy to get used to the nights of good sleep that I forget he's only three months old. But I think we're making progress. He's got a good routine during both the day and night so everyone is happy.

This past week he's started to laugh audibly.....like there's actual noise coming out. He's always done a little airy chuckle that is often times confused with a grunt, but now he's got more of an umph to it turning it into a giggle. I can only get him to do it in the mornings when he wakes up and its for just a few seconds. Music to my ears.

I do get tired of all the doctor check ups he has to have. Yesterday he went to the ENT doctor for another hearing screening. Apparently there's an antibiotic called gentamicin that they give NICU babies and it can stay in the their system for six months. The audiologist said 1 in 200 babies have hearing loss because of it and luckily Kimball isn't one of them although he has to have another screening in three months.

In the evenings he tends to be a little more needy/fussy and doesn't like to nap very well. This is also the time Lance comes home from work and he perks right up when he sees his Dad. He's the center of our world and the reason we get up every morning. Quite literally. :)

1 comment:

Matt and Debbie said...

Oh, he's so handsome!! Love it. Glad to hear he's such a great sleeper now. Makes a big difference for you and Lance.