Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lessons From the Week

  • The dollar store is pretty amazing most of the time. I'm starting to think regular department stores are ripping me off.
  • Never underestimate the power of a fresh coat of paint
  • I weighed myself this morning after having started exercising two weeks ago. Guess how much I've lost? None. Nada. Zilch. I've gained two more pounds. Dang Gina, seriously?! It's so frustrating!!! I don't know if my body is always going to be like this since having a baby or if I need to give it more time. I know my body will never be the same but that doesn't mean I have to be Captain McJello all the time either. So I'm going to try harder. But man, I was livid when I saw the numbers.
  • It feels wonderfully awesome to cross something off my to-do list or to finish a project. I think I'll start listing minuscule and trivial things such as brushing my teeth or putting socks on.
  • I finished two craft projects this week and still have a few others I need to post pictures of. Both are for my kitchen and I'm deeply in love with them. Even Lance was impressed.
  • Today was the first day I taught the 15-18 year olds in sunday school. The general public doesn't give teenagers enough credit. They really are good kids who are trying to find their place in the world and want to make a difference.
  • We went on a date to Death By Chocolate, our first time going to the annual event, and I'll never go again. It was so unbelievably crowded I was about to have a panic attack, I wasn't impressed by the live music which was so loud I couldn't hear Lance yelling in my ear, and the chocolate was just mediocre. I wasn't wowed by any of the samples. All in all, two thumbs down.
  • During my pregnancy my feet grew. Not tons but just enough that all my high heels are too small. Dang.
  • In the middle of the night while feeding Kimball, I had an idea of another way to spruce up the living room besides the crown moulding we already put up. I won't say yet but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I hope I have enough play money to get it done (I cashed in all my coins...yes call me 7 years old but money is money) and I'll need to enlist mom's help for this one.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Gaining weight after all that work is so frustrating it makes you feel like quitting. Maybe it is muscle? I give YOU two thumbs up for putting forth the effort! And thanks for the Death by Chocolate review...I had always wanted to go to that, but now I am glad I don't have to waste a night!! I'll just buy some really good chocolate and eat it in the semi-quiet of my own home. :)