Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fabric Leaves

These little fabric leaves are my latest fave. I LOVE THEM!!! You just cut out about 30 leaves from fabric (front and back), cut out 30 smaller leaves of peltex and iron them together. Sew a line down the middle. Sew a zigzag all the way around the leaf. Use pinking shears to cut a decorative edge. Then zigzag the branch onto the back. My sewing isn't great since I haven't sewed for about 12 years and this was the best leaf I could find that I wouldn't be too ashamed if I showed anyone. I used 3 different coordinating fabrics which I picked up at The Quilt Barn (a definite ooh and ahh fabric store if you haven't been). The free detailed instructions/pattern is found here, compliments of Amy Butler.

So, what do you get when you put 30 of these fabric leaves on branches in a vase?

Pretty little leaves! I love every little inch of them and they reside by my trusty duck in the corner of the kitchen.

4 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

ooooooooohhhhh I love them!!! like...I really, really love them.

Tawni Williams said...

SOOOO darling!! I love it! You are super crafty girlie! You last few posts are just awesome!

Art and Disasters said...

This is beautiful x

Stephanie said...

Love it!!