Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Journaling

Well, it's 12:51am and I can't sleep. My stomach is a little nauseous which might be due to the plate of saltine cookies I had before bed. The flashing lights from the cop cars aren't helping me, they're in the alley three houses down but I couldn't quite see what was going on there. And, check lists and thoughts and ideas keep running through my head as well. Christmas checklist, to do checklist for the rest of the week, to do checklist for tomorrow, planning my lesson for Sunday, etc.

Speaking of Christmas, Lance is calling me Scrooge this year because I put all the Christmas decorations up, and then put them away the next day. It's true. But I have a good reason! I was in the middle of deep cleaning and the spare room was my last room to clean. I can't store anything away in that closet until the Christmas stuff is put away first and I wanted to be done cleaning. So I put it all away. But at least we have a tree and stockings. That's all we really need anyway, right? Oh yeah, we have an incredibly lame Christmas tree this year. It's naked half way down to keep Kimball out of the glass balls and lights. It really looks so pathetic. The only good part, is the tree skirt. In our seven years of marriage we've never had a tree skirt. Thank you Grandma, it's vintage and I love the skirt more than anything and besides, it makes me think of you every time I look at it. I think I'm going to stop in at Lowes after Christmas and find all new tree decor. New lights, balls, ornaments, star, maybe even a pretty garland. When I went home teaching with Lance on Sunday I was quite envious of the one of the family's trees. She said she got it all last year after the holiday at Lowes. I'm following suite, it was such a pretty tree!

I'm very excited but also a bit nervous for the new curriculum for the youth. We had our ward training for it on Sunday but I was in the back with noisy Kimball so I missed a lot of the comments and questions everyone had. I love my calling and it's all because the kids are so awesome. I guess I'm just nervous for the change but change is good.

Grandpa bought another double wide trailer and is looking for somewhere to put it. I guess he was approached by someone wanting to rent out the duplex so he's wanting to live in the double wide to make a little extra money. Does he know we just moved him? I think he should stay where he's at. The duplex is super nice and its just the right size for him. He also talked about buying a piece of land next to Joseph and putting it there or putting it on his own land in Elba. Who knows what he's going to do, he changes his mind everyday but at least it keeps him busy and going. It'll be his first Christmas without Grandma, I feel bad for him. I guess a few weeks ago he went to Franklin to visit her grave. He drove the three hours there, spent 30 minutes in the cemetery, and then drove the three hours back home. I know he deeply misses her.

Not much is new with Lance or me. He's a little busier this time of year with barbershop sing outs and T-Tones sing outs. Work has actually been very slow the last several weeks so he's even been home early a few nights here and there. And I just cook or clean or change a diaper. Just the usual. I'm pretty uneventful that way.

No comments: