Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekendings

  • Friday I picked up the older nieces and headed to moms to help her help them with a Christmas surprise for their moms. Afterward, I left Kimball with mom while Lance and I went to a Christmas party with various couples in the ward. It was great to get to know them all better. It was held at Grandpa's "old" house which Lance thought would be really weird for me to walk in and not see Grandma and Grandpa's stuff and replaced with some stranger's. But it wasn't, I'm very happy about the move. It was good for the young family and for Grandpa.
  • Saturday was craft day at Anne's and we did the usual ornament, cookie, and gift exchanges. Anne also did a book review which I thought was quite nice and of course her yummy lunch. These are the only pictures I got. The first of Grandma Watson looking beautiful! I loved her sparkly shirt and super chic and shimmery cardigan. Then my gorgeous sister Christine, and then Jaidin.


  • I also happened to have had a panic attack during craft day which was so embarrassing. It was during lunch time and Kimball wasn't cooperating and kept throwing fits. I just wanted to disappear altogether so while mom held Kimball and fed him a bread stick, I escaped to the front room to cry. I didn't want to cry because then I'd be all blotchy and hideously red faced. But it was coming whether I wanted it to or not. Ugh, not my most pleasant moment by far.
  • I stayed home from church today to take care of Kimball. He's had a couch although today is much better, he's only coughed about three times.
  • At 5pm Kimball and I bundled up all nice and warm and headed to the Christmas In The Park where Lance was singing with the T-Tones. It was the first snowfall of the season! They all did a nice job and even gained a member tonight which was nice. Those boys have a good time together, Lance looks forward to it every week. (I did get pictures but they're on my actual camera which aren't downloaded yet).
  • Tonight was the stake Christmas program but I stayed home with Kimball because #1 he's got a cough and #2 I can't imagine it helping my anxiety from yesterday having to wrestling and fight Kimball all night to be quiet and hold still. What's funny is the fact that a lot of people don't understand that. Maybe it's just people who don't have kids that don't understand it. Either way, I choose my battles and I'd rather have Kimball throw a fit at home where I can somewhat control it, than in public where it affects everyone around me and disturbs the peace.
  • I'm still very saddened by the shootings in CT this weekend, it just makes me sick thinking about it. All those poor families suffering the loss of so many children. I pray for them daily. Bonnie posted this quote on facebook and I liked it so I'm stealing sharing it:
"In my leisure moments I have meditated upon the subject, and asked the question, why it is that infants, innocent children, are taken away from us, especially those that seem to be the most intelligent and interesting. The strongest reasons that present themselves to my mind are these: This world is a very wicked world...The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again..."
- Joseph Smith

No comments: