Thursday, September 5, 2013

How Do We Like It?

Everybody that we meet always asks how we like Spokane and we always tell them the same thing: so far so good. We really do like it here, everybody seems super nice and Lance was offered pot twice the first day we got here. (We forgot pot is legal and how many hippies live here). However, there are a few things I really don't like:
  1. This is listed as number 1 for a reason, I really don't like that it gets dark so early! When we left Twin it was dark at 10. Here it's pitch black at 9pm and since we've been here and summer is drawing to a close, its now dark at 7-7:30. That really bothers me. I've heard that winters are worse with it dark at 3:30-4pm.
  2. There are gigantic spiders here! When we moved in our duplex was crawling with them since it had been vacant for a few months. I've since deep cleaned everything which has helped a lot and bought some bug bombs but I haven't been gone from the house long enough to do the bombs. Did I mention gigantic? They are big spiders!
  3. Bugs. I don't like them. The ants here are like mutants, they are gigantic as well. Oh and bees? Bees seem to be everywhere we go, I don't get it. What's with all the bugs?
The other day we went to a company BBQ which was really fun. It was great to put some faces to names and meet most of Lance's coworkers. We had a delicious meal followed by some volleyball and bocce ball. While others were playing ball I turned around and snapped this picture of the sunset, at 7pm. (See #1). 


No comments: