Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Menu Madness

For once in my life I actually made a menu. Lance is starting to diet again and he always does so much better when we tackle the meal planning together. We went over the foods that he is and isn't eating, came up with dinner ideas, and I went from there. I looked up several "on the go" breakfast foods that I could make up ahead of time that Lance could just grab from the fridge/freezer and be on his way out the door. Anyway, after making up the menu, ingredient lists and a grocery list, I probably spent six hours just getting it all on paper. Today I bought the groceries and now it's time for me to get to work whipping up on-the-go breakfasts.

Getting the menu all ready was a bit of a chore and took a long time but it is so nice to just glance at it and not wonder every single night what we are having for dinner. Plus I can do any prep work that I need to the day before to help lessen the time it takes to make dinner. We will see if it saves money on the grocery bill, I certainly hope so!

No comments: