Friday, October 3, 2014

Cora Update

Cora just keeps getting better and better. She still has a lot of obstacles to overcome but comparing her first six months of life to the last four months - night and day difference! I still can't believe she's 10 months old and I'm already planning her first birthday celebration.

She saw the allergist again this week to do an environmental skin test. There were about 15 or so pokes and they all came back negative. Good and bad news there, we still aren't sure why her breathing has been so yucky. We're still hoping the pulmonogist can give us some answers in a couple weeks. I've introduced sweet potatoes and peas without allergies and got the go ahead to give her bits of bread and Cheerios. She certainly loves it!

Ginette has finished her six month evaluation and I get the results this week. I'm guessing her adjusted age is about 6 or 7 months. I know the guild school will start occupational therapy for her, I'm just not sure when. The past two weeks she's met some "big" milestones! (Any milestone for her is big, so I'm counting everything). She's finally rolling consistently and rolls to get to places or objects that she wants. She now sleeps on her tummy with her little bum in the air (my favorite) and is figuring how to go from tummy up to her knees as well as from sitting to her knees. Big things for her!!!

I know the neurologist said she'll never catch up but thanks to her therapists, Cora is proving him wrong. I'm so thankful for this sweet girl!

No comments: