Friday, October 3, 2014

Personal Tragedy and Disclaimer

I was very excited to use my birthday money on myself. I made plans to get a new hairdo-something I haven't had for 1.5 years because of being pregnant and then the very time consuming care of Cora, especially the first 7 months of her life. So, I was getting rid of the "mom hair." Long story short, it got botched. I mean, Kimball could've cut my hair better than what I got. I was furious and cried! I cried a lot. I was not going home looking like that. I went to a second person to make me look as presentable as possible and then made a stop at a wig store. Yep, I bought a wig. My hair cut was that bad.

I don't really consider myself a vain person and I don't care about hair. But when you don't have hair or look like a boy or a lesbian, then it starts to bother me. The hair in the back was so awful....extremely short and not blended at all. I wore the wig for 3 weeks until we went to the Cox reunion. I mean, how was I going to wear a wig for 24 hours a day for 4 days?! The wig is ITCHY!! So I took it off and let my true hair show which was humiliating but I didn't have much of a choice, I wasn't going to sleep in the wig.

Needless to say, I'm still very upset but can't do much about it. I really, really, REALLY hate my hair but in the following pictures you'll see it. Boo. I've even been taking supplements and doing hair masks to get my hair to grow faster. It's taking a long time because it's SO short. I'm sure one day I'll look back on this and laugh but for now, it's still too fresh and painful. Ugh.

No comments: