Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Rest of Our Summer Trip to Twin Falls

After the Boise festivities were finished up we headed to Twin to see the rest of our families. We got to celebrate Halle's 16 birthday with an epic foam slip n slide party. I've never seen anything like it, it was pretty awesome!! Kimball and I didn't join the fun because we were pretty sunburned from swimming two days prior.


I found Bigfoot!

The Brown clan







Kimball went ahead and jumped in the canal for a little swim.


Cora was pretty unsure about the foam so she opted to play on the swing set instead.
Happy birthday, Halle!!!

While helping Grandma with yard work, she needed all the window wells cleaned out. I put Zander and Lucas in one and told them to fill the bucket. I had no idea they were so scared of spiders, the were screaming and yelling like little girls, it was the funniest thing. They kept trying to climb out so I put the grate back on and told them to hurry and fill up the bucket so they could get out. Oh man, I laughed so hard at these two, you'd think I had amputated their arms the way they were screaming.

I got to go to the temple with Donna and Steph! I didn't see too many on the Cox side. Bonnie and Kempton were supposed to take their month long leave and we were going to do a big Cox shindig, but Kempton's whole family got Covid so they postponed their trip a month. I was so bummed out!
The kids and I helped Grandma Cox clean out the food storage room upstairs, a lot of it was 10+ years expired and needed to go. Kimball and Ezra were super helpers getting it all down the stairs and were proud of the tower they built.
Then we spent a few days working on the storage room in the basement with Stephanie's family. The kids all did a great job hauling things up the stairs and into the garbage can. The next day I came back with reinforcements. I borrowed Brad's truck and all of his kids plus Tyson, we took a whole load to the dump which was old bags of wheat that had opened in the last 40 years and had weevel all over, and ALL the empty water containers. It was so fun working with those kids, I'm sure grateful for them and I'll tell ya, they are work horses! No complaining whatsoever from them. I treated them afterwards with lunch, they earned it.

I found many old things that were very intriguing. This sign was from 1966-67 when John worked for the forest service. They were tasked to make all the signs more politically correct and remove the old ones. He's had this sign since then and has kept it as a token of history. And look at these little boy shoes! Donna and John were certainly prepared and even had a whole bag of church material to continue teaching their children. John had books and books on engineering and how to build things, and a few old books passed down from his father and Grandfather. It was just a blast from the past! After everything got cleaned out I went to work vacuuming all the weevel, cobwebs, and dirt.

Somehow sunglasses ended up in my bag so what's a boy to do?

Sunday afternoon challenge: how may cheese balls can you fit in your mouth?
We took a day to see the new cabin and, man! AMAZING!!! Scott outdid himself; it is just gorgeous! We also took some rides up Frank's Hollow, Kimball was pretty proud of himself because I let him drive the four wheeler all by himself (I was still on the back). He did great and it made him feel grown up.
We celebrated the Fourth of July with Tim's family and their neighborhood put on an amazing firework show. Much better thank CSI and we were right under it! Their kids are just amazing, I love spending time with them.





When the ice cream truck some around at midnight and you're still busy lighting off fireworks, one MUST indulge a little. So yummy and the kids were thrilled with their midnight snack.
Swimming and spending time with Lucy and Miles. That Miles is just the cutest little thing!



 On our lengthy drive home there was throwing up 3 times from Ezra (somehow I had the prompting when I filled up on gas that I better get a few extra large cups. So glad I listened!) and Cora lost a tooth. She grabbed a hold of my phone that night at the hotel and took a picture of herself so she could see the hole from her tooth. What a crack up.

No comments: