Monday, January 19, 2009

The Old Men

Many of you who knew Lance from high school, knows that he is an avid lover/supporter of barbershop. No, not barbershops like the kind that cut hair because after all, he doesn't have hair to cut. I'm referring to barbershop music. Before we moved to Charleston he was the director of the Magichords in Twin Falls, a group of 30 old and grumpy men that love to sing in harmony (and complain a lot). Now that we're back in Twin he's formed a quartet with his brother Kempton, and two high school friends TJ and Ben. Let me tell you, they have such a great time together! I think they do more laughing than actual singing but it has been so fun to have the four of them together doing what they love.

Friday was the annual barbershop dinner and though we were the only "youth" there (I thought youth was ages 12-18 but apparently in barbershop you're still a youth if you're under 55), the quartet was asked to sing a few numbers. They did a fantastic job! We had an awesome time together and I'm so glad Lance is again involved in his love of barbershop.

3 comments:

julie said...

I bet they sound so good! I accompanied Kempton and Scott Sunday and it was so nice. And by the way, Are Lance and Kempton the same person?! Like exactly?!

Laura said...

Those 4 must be having a blast singing together!! Let me know if they are performing sometime -- I'd love to hear it!!

*LaUrA* said...

oh these pictures brought memories flooding back...I wish I was in the room with all of them because no doubt I would be rolling on the floor laughing! Love those guys!! Ah shucks...good times.