Monday, March 29, 2010

Babysitting Weekend

My oldest brother had his 30th birthday last week and his wife who is my best friend, Trish, really wanted to make it a big celebration for him. She decided to find UT Jazz tickets and make a weekend getaway together. She booked a really nice hotel for the following weekend and had everything perfectly planned as a surprise. I kept trying to persuade her that she needs to give it to him in a really cool way instead of wrapped up in a lame box, so she came up with The Amazing Birthday Race where she made four clues with different stops at their friends' homes. House #1 Joseph had to beat one of his friends at Horse, house #2 he had to play Rock Band and win, and house #3 he had to play tennis Wii and win. The following weekend I babysat the kids while Joseph and Trish left for the much needed birthday weekend getaway. This little Peytin went with them because he's still too little and darn cute at 4 months!I had so much fun with the three kids. They were begging me to paint and I had no idea what they were talking about so I followed directions and got the craft box down which was filled with kids' activities. Devin and Charity painted their canvases and I was quite proud of what a good job they did. Devin painted the entire thing and you had no idea it was a picture of dinosaurs. Charity chose a princess canvas and she painted it exactly like the picture. If there were no tubes of paint that had the color she was looking for, she learned how to mix two colors together to get the desired color. I think that was her favorite part, watching herself mix colors together. I definitely wasn't going to let Quentin get near the paints at 18 months so he colored in his book.

He's such a little ham!After naps we went outside for snacks and enjoyed the spring weather.Then we made door hangers which the kids decorated with markers and stickers.Sunday was interesting.....I didn't get much sleep so I was tired but I managed to get myself and THREE kids to church not only on time but ten minutes early! They were SO good during sacrament meeting, I was proud of them! For lunch we enjoyed chocolate chip pancakes followed by a much needed nap. I loved waking them up for my next activity. They knew easter was coming up soon so I made the kids stay in the bedroom while I stuffed and hid easter eggs around the house for a hunt. They loved it! Here they are with their baskets ready for the hunt! (I was trying to find whatever container I could throughout the house so I emptied Trish's craft supply baskets.....sorry Trish but I promise they were very gentle with them).Enjoying their finds!
I love being an aunt, it's the best thing in the world! I was so sad to leave the kids but we had a fantastic time together. Luckily I only live a few blocks from them so I get my dose of their smiles, hugs, and kisses often. Love these kids!

No comments: