Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Denver Day 1

We left home about 9:00am to hit the road. I don't know what it is about cars but if I'm riding longer than 10 minutes, I'm dead to the world and (probably) drooling all over my neck pillow. My goal was to make it to Burley (45 minutes out) and still remain awake. I made it, but zonked out 5 minutes later. Matter of fact I took a nap three separate times during the 11 hour drive and let me tell you, it was bliss! Oh it felt so good!!

I've always known this since moving cross country a few times, and no offense to all those in blog world who live there but Wyoming is the absolute worst state/region/province I think there is in the world. Seriously, just 6 hours of pure barren nothingness. As the joke goes, behind every tree in Wyoming is a beautiful woman.

We made it to our hotel around 8:30pm. Lance was exhausted from driving all day and after a quick trip to the grocery store, we both crashed. Even though I took three naps throughout the day I still slept like a baby all night.

No comments: