Monday, March 15, 2010

Oops

My sister is law has been going in and out of labor for the past week and a half, yep she's miserable and deepyl exhausted to say the least. My parents were out of town and I was the next person on the list to watch the other three kids just in case she goes into labor in the middle of the night. Monday night the contractions were hard and close together so I got the call at 12:30. I quickly drove to the house not far away, received the few instructions in case the kids wake up, and slept on the couch as my brother and his wife sped to the hospital.

Soon enough I heard the two youngest ones, Tyson 2 and Valarie 1, out of bed and running for mom and dad's room. I quickly grabbed the youngest and the pacifier which soothed her back to sleep in her own bed. Assuming Tyson went to find and sleep with mom and dad, I went in their room toward the bed and called for Tyson to come sleep in his own bed. Out of nowhere I heard my brother, "Becky, what are you doing?" It startled me and my face became beet red and thank goodness I was still half asleep because I felt like an idiot! Why are they back from the hospital so soon??? I just turned around and went back to the couch glancing at the clock and noticed it was 6:30am. Great, that made me feel like a bigger dork because that's about the time the kids wake up anyway!

When I got up I just had to ask all the details which turns out the labor stopped and they were sent home around 3am. I didn't hear a single peep out of them, not the garage door or their shoes or them talking or anything which means I must have really been out of it. I apologized for interrupting their sleep during the night trying to get Tyson, but they were so exhausted they didn't care. Thank goodness because I felt so dumb!

No comments: