Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Responsibilities

A few weeks ago I was put in as the young women's secretary at church, I'm a little nervous and a little hesitant because there are about 21 girls. In Charleston when I was in young women there were on average 3 girls, at most 8. So a little different. I'm so excited to work with the rest of the presidency, they are fantastic and wise women that I'm eager to learn from. I'm so excited to be around the girls, to play and teach and talk and laugh and learn together. I love these girls I am going to have so much fun!!

Last week we had New Beginnings and the girls put on a great press conference explaining to the parents the changes with the personal progress program. We ran through the program a few times before it started and dang Gina! These girls are hilarious and tons of fun to be around! I wasn't assuming it would be otherwise, but I had such a blast!! My jaw was aching from smiling so much and my stomach hurt from laughing so much. This one night has fueled me all week long, I'm loving it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Awesome! I love Y.W.

Harris Happenings said...

Doggonit! They did do a great job and it was very entertaining. I am so glad you are going to be hanging out with my daughter!

Tawni Williams said...

Oh you will be wonderful!! That is great!!!

Melea said...

There is no better calling (in my opinion) than anything YW... enjoy and have fun!!:)

The Tedrow Show said...

I'm in the YW pres here in Charlotte and I feel the same way about our girls. It's so nice to have strong youth!