Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Closet Eating

It's now been two weeks since Christmas and thanks to all the stocking stuffers, we have had an entire drawer in the kitchen designated for candy and treats. We're talking jerky, sunflower seeds, (those are the only "healthy" snacks we had) chips, bags of milky ways, bags of peanut butter m&ms, bags of york peppermint patties, bit o honey, reisin chews, mini hershey bars, lyndt lyndor balls, box of assorted chocolates, several mini boxes of assorted truffles, etc. etc. I'm not complaining that we have these treats, I've quite enjoyed my closet eating.

Speaking of closet eating, I'm not very good about sharing with Kimball. I probably should be but he's still young for that much sugar. On the other hand, Lance and I got equal an amount of treats. He's been eating all mine! Early on I got smart and put my lyndor balls and mini hershey bars in a secret hiding place. I don't know why but a difficulty for me with marriage is having to share my food. Back away people!

But, in that amount of time we've (both of us) managed to clear the drawer for other kitchen-y uses. Pretty pathetic. No wonder my pants are too tight. We had to clear the kitchen of treats so we could ensure healthier eating and the new year weight loss goals. Yep, we're off to a great start.

No comments: