Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ramblings

  • I thought for sure by now Kimball would be on his feet. Each day this week he'll take a few "walks" of 5-10 steps at various times throughout the day all on his own without any coaxing. I thought to myself, "Self, give it a week and he'll be up." It's now been a week and he's just very content doing his own thing.
  • On Thursday Heather, Trish, Mom, and I all got together at moms to craft. I worked on my sample craft since I'm hosting craft day next month and I'm so in love! I really love it and I'm excited for everyone else to make theirs. I thought us girls would only be at mom's in the morning but everyone stayed until dinner time. Friday was a snow day so we all got together again and did the same thing while all the kids played. It was good for the cousins to spend the day together. It was a nice, relaxing couple of days but I'm ready to be home now. I'll post a picture of my craft soon.
  • I think the last time I remember it being this cold was about seven years ago. It has been downright frigid and all the blowing snow doesn't help. When does spring start?!
  • For christmas I got a new set of dishes. I love the Corelle Ware because they're so light and stack up quite compactly. I've practically got a whole new shelf in my cupboard because they take up much less space. I'm in love! They're just simple dishes with red circles but I'm loving the change. I got rid of all the rooster stuff including the decor so I'm starting fresh and have a few projects up my sleeve to decorate the kitchen.
  • Is it bad to admit that I'm hoping church tomorrow will be a snow day? Yeah, that's pretty bad. But it's just so cold and snowy, I don't want to go anywhere!

No comments: