Sunday, January 6, 2013

Random Journaling

  • This last week Lance's coworker quit which leaves Lance and Trent the only funeral directors. I don't know yet if this is a good thing or not. He's on call a lot more but they're looking at getting someone else to help lighten the load. I really hope this means a pay raise for us. Lance had the highest JD Power scores this year, even higher than his boss (keep in mind this is Lance's first year being licensed).
  • Lance went with the ward youth group to help do baptisms in the temple and ended up being the baptizer for the whole session. When he was baptizing Tim one of the names was actually Elmer Fudd! Tim came back up out of the water and looked at Lance and asked really? Really. Everyone was chuckling and they checked the name over and over, even the witnesses (one of whom was Grandpa Pettingill).
  • I have craft day in February so I've been trying to get a head start planning it all. I think I've got my craft picked out, next week I'm going to make up my own sample so I know for sure it'll be something that's cute and that everyone would want. I don't recall anybody doing any canvas crafts so I think I'll experiment with a canvas-y something. Dawn will be throwing Kaitlyn a bridal shower that afternoon, I still can't believe she's old enough to get married!
  • I have not been able to sleep very well at all this week. For example, right now it's 2:09am. It really gets old after a while.
  • I know I say it all the time but Kimball is so stinking funny! He's learned to move his eyebrows so he'll throw us a pretty good glare when we tell him no, cracks us up every time. He's so close to walking its killing me! His latest favorite is throwing things. And by things I mean everything. The best ones are hard objects, usually directed at my head such as the remote or metal spoon. He's got a good arm. I'm dreading the day he throws a hot wheel car six pews up in church and beans a little old lady in the head.
  • Speaking of church I'm excited for the new curriculum for the youth and starting tomorrow, not only do we get a new bishopric but my class size will double with all the new 15 year olds. I think they're all boys too.
  • I'm getting antsy to do some changes around the house. I've come to not like painting as much because its a lot of work, but I know a paint job does wonders and is considerably cheap to change the whole look of a room. I just don't know how to keep Kimball out of my working area and away from wet walls and wet baseboards.
  • It's been quite fridge the last week or so with temperatures below zero. Speaking of being cold, look at this cute little guy all ready to run errands with Mama!

No comments: