Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Brian Brown

The last month has been a very difficult one for Heather. Since her Dad decided not to continue treatment for his diabetes and kidney failure, the Brown's have been by his bedside 24/7. A lot of long days and nights while they savored every last minute they had with him. His viewing was Sunday and funeral was yesterday, it was all so beautiful. I wanted to post a few pictures of him, his very last, and a few things that I remembered from the funeral. Heather gave his life sketch and it was so awesome it was like I was sitting around the campfire hearing stories and I instantly became best friends with Brian. She did such an amazing job!

My favorite story was when Brian was about two years old, his dad got up to bear his testimony in church. Brian was playing with a little wooden gun and as soon as his dad stood at the pulpit, Brian pointed his gun and exclaimed, "Dad, my damn gun won't shoot!"

When he was on his way out, he took Lisa's face in his hands and said, "We've sojourned together and yours is the last face I want to see." And they just sat there, it was the sweetest thing. (Mind you the diabetes made him blind).



No comments: