Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinterest

I have a love/hate relationship with pinterest. Here's why:
  • I hate most of the parenting posts. It is nice to get a few ideas to become a better parent but most of them are all about how to be the perfect parent without disciplining children. Hello! Kids need discipline, they need boundaries and limits! I could go on and on and on about this one but I won't.
  • I do like all of the different ideas to entertain children. We've had spring and cabin fever over here and we've done a lot of those toddler activities in lieu of going to the park or on walks. I think I need to make a few trips to the dollar store for supplies.
  • I do like a good recipe recommendation so when I pin one that screams, "My husband talked about this meal for 4 days, it's beyond delicious!" I'm expecting one heck of a meal. Most of the ones I've made recently were epic fails and I couldn't even finish my plate not to mention leftovers. Every now and then I'll make a good one and actually keep the recipe. However, if they do turn out to be something so gross that Kempton wouldn't even eat, then I delete it from my board. (Hey, I'm not the one who makes fun of Kempton, I get it from Lance since he calls his own brother The Human Garbage Disposal). We both really love Kempton, in all seriousness!
  • It really bothers me when those vintage ecards or any quote at all has grammatical or spelling errors. The worst for me is when someone uses your/you're incorrectly. True, I'm not the brightest when it comes to grammar but I know a few of the basics. My favorite is, "You had me at the proper use of you're." And there's also this joke that reminds me of Kempton. 
  • And the rest of my frustration with Pinterest is how to get rid of people I really don't want to follow. There's several people I have no idea who they are that are always on my feed and pin things that are just annoying to look that. Or are they just always on there? I don't know.

2 comments:

Bonnie and Kempton Cox said...

You can unfollow people. I went through and unfollowed all of the people that I didn't want to see anything from and now I just follow the people that I want to follow. If you click on the name of the person that you don't want to follow, it will bring up all of their boards, and then there is a white button that says "unfollow all." If you click that, then they won't show up on your feed anymore. You can also do the opposite if there is someone that you DO want to follow, by clicking "follow all." You are right about the human garbage disposal, though. My husband ate pickled rat on his mission and swears to this day that, "it wasn't that bad." So yeah, if Kempton won't eat something, then you KNOW it is bad. I also get frustrated when the recipes don't turn out, but I have also gotten some really good ones. I guess that is always how it goes, though. Whether you find a recipe on pinterest or out of a book, you just have to experiment.

Kempton said...

I'm glad to have so many honorable mentions in this post. :) And I can't even defend myself over the "What wouldn't Kempton eat?" comment. I recall that Bonnie was quite appalled the first time she saw me pull something she had thrown away out of the trash and eat it.