Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rock On

A few weeks ago when the weather was quite nice I spent a few afternoons at mom's and some of the other grand kids were there. It was so nice to let the kids go outside and play so the adults could visit! Since this is the first time we had decent weather AND Kimball can walk, I just let him outside and let him be. His favorite spot is over by the playhouse/swing set where there are little pebbles on the ground. He played for hours in those rocks! I thought to myself, "Self, you need to improvise so Kimball can play that long and that contently at home." So I grabbed an old tote and filled it with popcorn seeds, rice, orzo, and some wheat thingy. He loved it! There are two best parts about this, #1 I can just sweep up what he dumps out and store it for his next use, and #2 all the leftover "rocks" on the patio the squirrels love to eat. Kimball loves to watch the squirrels from the french doors in the living room, it's all a win win!














No comments: