Sunday, July 7, 2013

As Of Late

  • Lance spent the whole week with Ryker Harris in Toronto, Canada at the international barbershop competition. He won the trip and it was all paid for although he mentioned several times how expensive everything is (food, transportation, souvenirs, merchandise, etc.) We do have some big expenses coming up such as moving and having a baby, but when is the next time he'll be in Toronto? So I told him to quit worrying about money and just have a good time. He deserves this trip, he deserves a vacation, and he deserves a treat every now and then. Of course within reason that he doesn't go totally overboard. He gets home sometime late tonight.
  • The offer on the house fell through and we got a second offer which fell through yesterday. But today we got a third offer which appears to be a little more promising. We have been so blessed with how quickly this house selling stuff has been happening. We've had appointment after appointment to show it and one offer after the other with very little time in between. I thought it would be much harder to sell especially since the housing market isn't quite back up (although better) but we have the advantage of the guest house to rent out for potential income. That thing is golden! So we're hoping this one goes through and if it does they want to close August 14.
  • Christine came down for a few days and made a gender reveal cake for the fourth of July. When Dad cut into it, it was blue and red! I thought maybe it was twins and I was really going to be shocked. But the red was raspberry filling, haha. We found out she's having a BOY!!!!!! I'm beyond excited, boys are so much fun! Having said that, I know I said I wanted a boy but now I'm thinking I want a girl just in case this is our last. Christine, Mom, and I went to a store to look at baby clothes and I bought the dang cutest little ladybug outfit that says "Daddy's Little Lady." How could I not buy that? So I might possibly cry on Tuesday if the ultrasound is a boy just because girl clothes are so much cuter. And I have a whole list of girl names to choose from but absolutely nothing for boy names.
  • Christine and I aren't due until the end of November but I don't see myself coming back to visit before I have my baby. I really want to throw her a baby shower! She's my only sister and this is her first baby and she threw me one that was epic. I don't know how strange it is to throw a shower for a woman who's 25 weeks along, I know that isn't very far but it's the only time I'd be able to do it, right before we move. Hmmmmm.....decisions to make.
  • While Lance has been gone, Kimball has been the most well behaved little boy! He's seriously been so good all week long and I'm so thankful for that. Today was the exception, he cried all morning and was quite whiny all night because of his separation anxiety. Or maybe he's just really missing his Daddy. I'm sure that's it. But I'm so grateful that he was good for me all week long while I was single.
  • Now that the weather has dropped below triple digits, I guess it's time to finish packing. I've already packed up 2/3 of the house, the rest is home decor and kitchen. The two most dreaded things to pack, ugh.

No comments: