Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lately

  • Bonnie had her baby - Addison Brielle Cox, two weeks ago. She looks a lot like Kempton and I've forgotten how small newborns are. She's two pounds heavier than Kimball was and yet I don't remember Kimball ever being that tiny. Congrats Bonnie and Kemp!
  • We finally have a move date! They finally found a replacement for Lance and his last work day in Twin is August 10th. He starts in Spokane on the 19th, giving us a week to finishing packing and cleaning, closing on the house, driving the nine hours, and finding a place to live. Yep, we don't know where we are going to live yet. Everything that we like online doesn't have pictures and I don't want to sign a lease without seeing a place first. What if it's been smoked in? Some things I could live with for 12 months but not stale smoke, especially with a newborn.
  • I went to Joann's last week to pick up a spool of thread, that was it. I should have known better not to stroll the fabric aisles of flannel! I fell in love with LOTS of baby girl fabric and told myself not to go overboard. So I got enough fabric to make two blankets - one is a regular receiving blanket and the other is going to be a strip rag crib quilt. I've never made a rag quilt so I hope I'm not getting myself into something I can't handle. Good thing Mom is going to help me this week, I'm going to need lots of it! I've got to get these done before we move  because the sewing machine I have isn't working right. 
  • Kimball is learning things left and right and I'm so loving this stage right now! He's learning a new word everyday, learned to shrug his shoulders, knows where his dirty diapers go, has started to sing, etc. I just love watching him because its fun to see him discover new things. 
  • This weekend is the Cox reunion in Boise - should be fun. Next week is PACK and CLEAN all week long. We're getting down to the wire and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed.

No comments: