Thursday, April 14, 2016

New Kitchen Backsplash

We've been in this house a little over a year and when we bought it our realtor offered to put in a kitchen backsplash for us. She and her Dad flip houses and he's a general contractor so she's learned a lot from him. Well, here we are a year later and she reminded us again of the offer. I was daydreaming in tile! The one I liked the best was an off white glass tile, but it was $20/sqft which would have made the project upwards of $1000 just in supplies. So I settled for an off white ceramic subway tile. I didn't want a busy pattern or crazy colors, I wanted contrast with the counter tops and the cabinets. So that's why I chose this one. I LOVE how it turned out! It's so simple but it really just gives it a finished look. And while I was at home Mom made me a new curtain! I was going to make it myself but didn't get around to it so she did for me while Lance and I were in Vegas.

BEFORE
 
AFTER (including new curtain)
 
Deanna's 15 and 8 year old girls came over and even babysat the kids while she showed me how to tile and we worked together in the kitchen. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved having a few extra girls around. They walked to the park and mostly played outside in the water and mud.




No comments: