Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Surprise Trip, Week 1

During the winter months Christine and I had been trying to convince mom to come up to Washington but with the house being newly remodeled and her still working, it just wasn't going to happen. So Christine and I decided to take the vacation to Mom, surprise style! I checked all the dates with Dad ahead of time so we knew mom would be home and he could help us surprise her.

The day of departure came and the kids and I loaded up and were out the door right at 7am. We hit a big snow storm through the Oregon mountains but made it through ok and as we got into Baker City, OR we were forced to exit; the interstate was closed due to a semi wreck. I called Christine to let her know what happened because she was about to leave her house so we'd both meet in Twin Falls at the same time. I took the kids to a little general store and let them pick out a toy - a pony for Cora and a toy gun for Kimball. Then we headed to the library to kill some time until the road opened up. Then I started to get sleepy, it was 3pm by then and I knew even if the road did open up I'd be too tired to drive so I decided to get a hotel for the night and drive the remaining four hours in the morning. It turned out to be a good decision because the interstate didn't open back up until midnight. Super 8 had an indoor pool so we stayed there.
 Us at the library reading and playing.
 At the hotel ready to go swimming!
 I didn't bring a swim suit for the kids so they both wore Kimball's underwear and undershirt. Aren't they a cute little pair?! Be still my heart!!

The next day we woke up early and drove the rest of the way to Twin Falls and met Mom, Dad, and Christine at Sizzler for lunch. Mom and Dad were seated first waiting for Christine, once she went in I crept in and let the kids go first to surprise Mom - it was so great! She kept saying over and over to Kimball, "What are you doing here?!" with a big grin and then I came around the corner and joined everybody. It was so awesome, I loved every bit of it!

That week Sally was in town with her crew for spring break and they stayed at Mom's as well. Her kids entertained our kids the whole time which was really nice! We made the traditional trip to Gerties, the Buhl ice cream store, LOTS of food. All I remember was the food, we ate a lot.


 That weekend Christine took Kimball and Zander to the Easter egg hunt and festivities at CSI.

No comments: