Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Call Me Crazy

This is a newspaper clip of hurricane Hugo, a category 5 storm, that hit Charleston in 1989. I have mixed feelings about the recent trio of storms that have a possibility of hitting Charleston. I am going home to Twin Falls for a weeks vacation and I fly out this Friday at 5:45am. That's about the time the meteorologist predicts the storm will hit. So on one hand I don't want to shorten my trip, but on the other hand I want to be here to witness a hurricane. There's never any exciting weather in Twin, the wind blows constantly and that's about it. I don't necessarily want to be caught in the middle of a category 5 hurricane or in the eye of a tornado or crushed by an earthquake. But I still want the experience of a very small hurricane or a tiny tornado, just to see what it's like. That's about as spontaneous and brave as I get. I guess we'll see what happens, maybe the hurricane will turn at the last minute and bypass Charleston altogether. Time will tell.

1 comment:

*LaUrA* said...

I don't think Hurricanes are very exciting to see...the wind just blows really hard and rain splatters and couches fly through the air;)...now a tornado would be fascinating to witness...I would like to see one of those...but far enough away of course. Have fun in Twin!