Saturday, September 13, 2008

Catch Up

I've been way too busy the last several days to blog about the rest of my Twin Falls trip. I'll do the best I can but because I'm extremely exhausted and trying to get over jet lag, I will probably post mostly pictures.

Tuesday I had a sleep over with my nieces and nephews over two years old. There were four altogether and we had so much fun! Honestly, I couldn't have stayed sane with more than four. Alright I'll admit, my mom helped me out A LOT!

When they all got there we played outside on the swing set, dug in the dirt, and jumped on the trampoline.



Once it was dark we went inside to make chocolate chip cookies.




After they each had a cookie, it was beyond time for bed. They all slept together in the front room and I read several stories to them as they fell asleep. Unfortunately, the only picture I had of story time somehow got deleted, I was so upset! The last one finally went to sleep at 11:30.

The next morning I made them all waffles for breakfast and we made a Halloween craft. I didn't get any pictures of this either because my mom and I were too busy helping the kids. They each had a colored plastic bucket and a Halloween face of foam stickers (Frankenstein, a pumpkin, a cat, a pirate, Dracula, etc.) that they put together on the bucket. (We found the bucket and the Halloween faces at Michael's for a $1 each. Super cheap craft that the kids LOVED)! Then they went on a treasure hunt throughout the house as we hid a piece of candy for each one in six different rooms and they got to use their buckets to hold their treasure. Also at Michael's we found a tube of 15 glow in the dark bracelets for $1 that we gave the kids. They loved those too and we had a blast! A HUGE thanks to my mom for all her help. And by the way Christine, each one proclaimed that I am now their bestest and favoritest aunt. (Just a little friendly competition).

2 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Wow...what a great Aunt!! What an awesome activity day/night. Carter would like to come spend a week with Auntie Becky;)

Jaime said...

becky- this is my blog name and site. i guess you just can click on my name and it'll bring you to my blog ? if not, it's bunkerposse24.blogspot.com I guess.