Monday, September 29, 2008

Recent Crafts

I'm a little behind posting a few crafts that I've recently worked on. Since I'm in the Young Women's presidency I have a lot of opportunities to try and be creative with handouts and various things. Because I'm tired of typing I won't go into the whole object lesson but I made these easy little spider cookies that I put into a cellophane bag with a quote by Elder Richard G. Scott and a spider ring hanging off the ribbon tie. The girls loved them, I guess they were a hit which works for me because they were so easy!When I went home to visit at the beginning of the month my mom and sisters all got together for a mini craft day. My mom wanted help inspiring the Relief Society to get a little more creative and crafty so I used my cousin Jana's (June 11 post) idea and embellished some clip boards to use as the pass around/sign up/thingamajig. They were super easy to make, I just decoupaged some scrap book paper and used coordinating ribbon to tie around the clip. Jana used hers as a recipe holder and has SO many cute embellishments with brads, clips, flowers, etc.! I've also heard of these being used as a picture frame, it gives it more originality than a traditional frame, and you can decorate it to coordinate with your particular picture or theme. Thanks for the idea Jana!After we made the clip boards we made a fairy skirt for all my little nieces (not all pictured). I wish I had a more detailed picture than this, but you take a strand of elastic or ribbon, cut pieces of tulle in 5" strands and tie it onto the elastic. Super easy! We used the elastic and put a bow in the first five knots to add a more completed look. However, my mom didn't get that idea until after we took the pictures. The girls loved them and it only took about 45 minutes to complete, depends I guess on your degree of perfectionism. We used 5-7 different colors but I think if I did it all over again, we'd only use 2 coordinating colors. Also if you use brighter colors, it won't be so see through. Thanks to Katie for the idea! (I know, I have no originality I have to steal ideas from everyone around me)!

No comments: