Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome time going back to Idaho to visit. I loved seeing my family and Lance's family, I loved being an aunt again to my nieces and nephews, I loved catching up on new happenings, I loved seeing the new Twin Falls temple, and I loved having a break from work. At the same time I cannot tell you how much I loved feeling that sticky, miserable humidity coming off the plane and the dread of knowing that I'm still in the worst part of summer in the south.

I had a red eye flight scheduled Thursday night which means I now have severe jet lag. When I walked in the door to our home, I noticed the beautiful bouquet of pink, fuchsia, and purple carnations that welcomed me with a sweet note from Lance. I was so tired, queasy (I don't take too well to flying), starving, stinky, and completely exhausted. Lance wanted me to go to bed straightaway but I just couldn't, I missed him too much. I drove downtown to surprise him at work and astonished myself that all the things I previously found annoying and painful like the narrow roads and stupid one ways, simply became a charm of downtown that I fell in love with all over again.

Like Dorothy said, "There's no place like home." I truly believe that. There really is nothing better than being within the walls and comfort and serenity of your own home. Even though my "home" is in Idaho where I grew up with mine and Lance's families, our home is Charleston. We love it here beyond any comprehension. We've been so blessed and have learned so many things during the past 2.5 years. I missed our Charleston friends, our ward family, and the green, green trees (as opposed to the ugly brown desert). I love it here, I love being a homebody, and I love my quaint little home with my dear husband who completes it.

3 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

and then you're going to go and ruin it and move back to Twin Falls...

Home immediately becomes wherever my bed and pillows are and where I can lounge around without having to feel self-conscious of those around me...having Josh and Carter there helps too!

Your blog has made me sit here and revel in my home...my home is by no means luxurious...or even "nice" for that matter...but it is clean, it has our stuff in it, and has therefore become our sanctuary...an escape from the outside world. Ahhhh...I love home.

Jana Dille said...

Hey Becky, I'm glad you visited my site because somehow I lost your information, now I can add you back to my list! Looks like you've been having fun. Your Twin Falls trip looked fun too. I've never heard of the womens conference! That sounds like fun, was it in Twin?

Jana Dille said...

Hey Becky, I'm glad you visited my site because somehow I lost your information, now I can add you back to my list! Looks like you've been having fun. Your Twin Falls trip looked fun too. I've never heard of the womens conference! That sounds like fun, was it in Twin?