Thursday, September 25, 2008

The High Kings

Being in a city larger than Twin Falls' 40,000, Lance and I have had many opportunities to attend a lot of concerts, plays, and variety shows. It has been one of my goals to go to at least one more concert and play before we move back home. Last night I met that goal half way as we attended the High Kings concert. It was absolutely fantastic! In case you have not seen them perform on PBS, they are the male version of Celtic Women who have also performed on PBS. Anyway, they're Irish and sing all sorts of different Irish folk songs. It was so amazing, I loved it, and we were so fortunate to somehow obtain a discount through some friends in our ward (thanks guys!) therefore we had great seats. They had an Irish tap dancer (river dancer), the percussionist (is that even a word?) was amazing on the drums and I especially loved the face off between the two that was also somehow synchronized - SO TALENTED!! Because I'm too tired and exhausted to figure out how to post a video (even though I've done it before) here's a link to listen to one of their songs on Youtube.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Hi, if you love the High Kings, they have a myspace page and they and all the individual group members have their own pages and fansites. I co-run Darren Holden's myspace and forum with his full support, the rest of the guys are very close to their sites too. Come and join us!

www.myspace.com/thehighkingsonmyspace

www.myspace.com/darrenholdenfansite

www.myspace.com/officialdarrenholden

You can pick the other guys up from either the High Kings top friends or the top friends on our Darren Holden fansite.

Darren writes regular blogs from most of the venues on his own myspace page for the fans.

We would really love it if you would drop by Darren's forum and post us a review of the show. There is an area on there for the High Kings, including the other 3 members.

http://darrenholdenfansiteforum.ipbfree.com

I am so glad you love them. I live in the UK and am heading to see them in Dublin Ireland twice during their Oct/Nov tour. I have seen Darren in Movin Out and met him a couple of times Toronto, I can't wait to see the show and meet them all. Caz

J-Babe said...

Hey so when are you moving back to Twin??

Tawni Williams said...

Wow - super envious - what a blast!