Friday, July 20, 2012

He Just Keeps Growing And Growing

Next week Kimball will be 9 months old. I can't believe how fast the time goes and yet I've loved almost every minute of it. (I could have done without the postpartum depression and melt downs). It's hard to imagine that he's been outside of me just as long as he was inside of me. Dang, pregnancy is so long! I'll get the growth stats from the doctor next week but for now, here's his update in pictures.

I love this shirt: Natural Born Chiller with a picture of a baby otter just chilling in water. It describes Kimball 100%. He's so chill, calm, relaxed, content, happy, all. the. time.
  He's learned how to clap.

 He's finally got two bottom teeth. See?
 He can sit up on his own and go from laying on his stomach to sitting up all by myself.
   While I was taking pictures he decided to tell me a story.


 It was a long story....


  The end!
 He has two favorite toys, both are hand me downs. One is this duck. When you pull the string along the trio of ducks quack, it's really cute.
 His other favorite toy are these nesting/stackable cups. He loves to bang them together.

 

Other interesting things about his 9 months:
  • He sleeps like a champ through the night and still takes three naps a day. 
  • He loves taking a bath or swimming or getting washed up; anything that has to do with water he loves. 
  • He can't stand it when I have to pin him down to change his diaper or put his pajamas on. He's a squirmy little mobile thing and so the pinning is necessary, trust me.
  • After a few months of not liking his pacifier, he loves it again.
  • He loves drinking from a cup. Because it has water in it (again his love for water) or because he gets to drink from a cup, I'll never know.
  • He loves eskimo kisses.
  • He loves to be scared.
  • He loves to look at himself in the mirror and gives himself (and me) a tremendously big grin.
  • He loves to be tickled and has the most infectious laugh.
  • He likes to spit.
  • He makes little songs by drumming his fingers over his lips.
  • He can mimic different loud sounds quite well.
  • When he wakes up in the morning he loves to snuggle with mom and dad in the bed.

3 comments:

Harris Happenings said...

OH! Those cheeks! I'm a sucker for chubby cheeks. What a cute little man he is!

Stephanie said...

I love his story pictures!! They crack me up!

Tawni Williams said...

He is SOOO darling!! I want to meet this little guy!!! I can't believe he is 9 MONTHS!! WOW!!!