Monday, July 2, 2012

Necktie Storage

As explained earlier, we have gone through many different strategies for hanging all of Lance's ties. We've tried these hook thingamajigs for the wall, tie hangers, etc. all of which haven't necessarily worked and about half of them end up on the valet, stair banister, or floor. For fathers day I enlisted Tim's help to make this: his official necktie board. He ordered a piece of knotty alder lumber and cut, routed, sanded, stained, and polyurethaned the board for me. I ordered the vinyl that says "A father's love ties the family together" and used horseshoe nails for hanging. I think I did 40 nails altogether and just today I finally hung up the board and the ties in our closet. He's got some spare nails for future ties and I think this strategy for hanging them will finally work for us. Thanks Tim!

No comments: