Friday, October 12, 2012

Goings On

I can't seem to get anything accomplished this week. When Kimball goes down for his naps I'm too tired to get anything done and end up laying on the couch and falling asleep or getting on the computer which is a complete waste of time. We've only got two weeks to go until our Halloween party and I haven't done anything yet to decorate the house besides bring up the boxes from the basement.................sigh.............but I'm just too tired to get up and move................

Grandpa Pettingill has been needing some help at the house boxing and sorting so all of us girls and mom went over last night and got to work on the kitchen. He's already taken everything he needs to his new house so everything left is free reign for anyone to take/buy or to sell to the auction. I love old things! Grandma had so many neat, old casserole dishes and tin can spices that are antiques. I took a few things and I don't know where to put them in my house. One thing that I'm learning about her, she was a very crafty and talented woman, her whole house is furnished with everything she made. We got to her sewing room and I found the most gorgeous crocheted blanket that's white with a pastel trim. I think Great Grandma Stockdale made it. We found so many old pictures, fabric, trinkets, and everything else imaginable. I'm so thankful for the chance to help Grandpa clean out the house but also so thankful to go through some of their things because it's such a great opportunity to learn about them and have my own keepsake of the two.

Kimball is teething again, I think he's got two coming on either side of the bottom two. Nothing yet on top although it's very swollen. His latest thing is to give a good fake laugh about every minute, it's pretty funny. He LOVES cucumbers and pickles. He still doesn't hold his own bottle or cup which I know he's capable of doing himself. But why do it when Mama always does? If I hold the bottle right in front of him so he'll grab it he throws a big fit. Sometimes he'll grab it and put it in his mouth but doesn't hold it up so the water/milk comes out. Hmmm, not sure how to help him overcome this. I can't believe his birthday is in two weeks, crazy!

I went to get some blood drawn for lab work to hopefully figure out what's wrong with me. I've got my appointment on monday and I'm anxious to see what the results are.

I've got two shows that I try to catch every week and one of them is written by Jimmy Fallon called Guys With Kids, it's pretty funny. And the other that I'm obsessed with is Parenthood, this is the best season ever!

The next few weeks are crazy around here. Tonight we're taking Donna and John to the cabin to go four wheeling and I can't wait to see Donna riding! Next week is Lance's barbershop show, then he's headed to Arizona and Las Vegas for work, then Kimball's birthday, and then our Halloween party.

Speaking of Halloween, the invites are done and are being delivered! So, look for yours in the mail or at your door. We've got our costumes ready, do you?!

No comments: