Friday, October 18, 2013

Weekend Staycation

Lance left early this morning for Boise with Spokane's Pages of Harmony barbershop group. They're going to competition and despite my attempts to keep him home for those "what if" moments of having a baby, he decided to go with the group. The director really, really wanted him to go and even said if I have the baby then he'll personally pay to fly Lance home on the next flight. I felt ok about him going and don't suspect anything to happen while he's gone. *crossing fingers*

I went to my doctor's appointment this morning by myself. It was just another NST and I'm finding a dreaded trend with this stubborn baby girl. She's always very active but whenever she's on the monitor, she becomes quite bashful. No movement or excitement from her means I have to stay hooked up longer. My 30 minute appointment ended up being 1.5 hours. It was quite boring.

I decided with Lance out of town I'd loosen up as a mom and treat this weekend as a stay at home vacation. So Kimball and I enjoyed a Papa Murphy's pizza and a peach Fresca tonight. The soda is usually Lance's treat and he doesn't share very often so it was quite the occasion that we got to share a can. :) Kimball loved it. And I let him stay up late because he was just playing so good and had lots of energy. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Fresca, haha.




1 comment:

Laura said...

You are such a fun mom!