Thursday, December 12, 2013

First Outing

It's been a little difficult being home bound with the kids. I'm still pretty hesitant to take Cora out and I still don't have quite the strength to tote along a toddler and newborn with all the accommodating gear they need. But on Tuesday Kimball had had his fill. I decided I'd go to the play group at the mall and meet up with my friends so Kimball could play. I didn't do too bad toting them by myself, I put Kimball in the stroller and had Cora in the snugli sling which I've come to dislike and need a different style sling. I actually didn't do too bad with both kids by myself, my friends even commented that I looked like I had it all together. Ha! I keep a good facade.

Later in the evening we went to Lance's work Christmas party. It was fun and delicious. On the way home just as we parked and turned the car off, we looked over our shoulder at the kids to see Kimball throwing up all over without any warning. Poor boy! I was already nauseous and on the verge myself so Lance took over. I got Cora in the house and started to feed her while Lance got Kimball in the house, bathed, put to bed, and started a load of laundry. I could tell it was going to be a very long night.

The next day he acted like nothing even happened, it was a weird and short 12 hour stomach bug. It's never fun keeping the laundry going and cleaning throw up in the middle of the night, but I guess that's all in our job as parents.

No comments: