Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Coincidence?

Lance and I went to the Magic Valley Chorale concert, as his brother sings in the choir. They were singing Handel's Elijah and it was great! After the concert we were chatting in the lobby with people we knew and I saw this young kid circling around us and kind of staring us down. I tried to forget about it and push it to the back of my mind.

About 30 minutes later he came up to us and asked if he knew us. Then it hit me - it was Elder Hurst!!!!!! No way, it can't be, I thought I was dreaming for sure but it was him and I couldn't believe it. Last year Lance and I drove upstate SC to Union and Newberry to visit some people he baptized and other members of the ward he served with on his mission. While in Newberry we took the missionaries out to lunch and hung out with them for the afternoon. Elder Hurst was one of those missionaries along with Elder Robison. Man, what a small world!! I could not believe my eyes and it made my entire year! It was SO GOOD to see him and just be reacquainted with people from SC. I love Charleston, I don't think anything else in this life will ever fill the void.

1 comment:

Tawni Williams said...

Oh wow! That is awesome! It is a small world but CRAZY that you happened to be in the same place same time... coincidence? Hmmm probably not :) That is seriously great