Sunday, May 24, 2009

Four Years

We celebrated our fourth anniversary this past Thursday. Since we just purchased a new car (new, meaning new to us as in a 2006) and we have tuition to pay for the summer semester, we really had no money to spend at all. But we were together and that's all that matter. I made a lasagna dinner and while it was cooking we went for a ride on the scooter together. The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice just to go for a ride and be in fresh air. After dinner we went out for blizzards and it felt so good to be together and enjoy the evening.

I don't think I express my appreciation and gratitude very well or often enough so Sweet Cheeks, here are the top 5 things I'm so thankful for you:

1.Your sense of humor. You may find this one surprising given that the last four years I hardly ever laughed at your jokes. But it's you that I find funny and hilarious which makes you so fun to be around.

2. Your strength. You have always been my rock and my one source of strength and comfort. Not to mention you dragged that really heavy garbage can that I loaded full of weeds, all the way to the back yard for trash pick-up.

3. Your knowledge. No matter what question I may have, you always know the answer. Your brain is like a giant sponge that soaks up everything it learns, and never ever forgets anything. You explain things in a very simplified manner that's easy for me to understand and just when I think I've learned everything you have, you open an entire new chapter for me.

4. Your spirit. You remain close to Heavenly Father and I constantly use your faith and testimony as a source of comfort and strength.

5. Your goodness. You treat me so well and I always feel at peace when I'm with you. You have a gentle compassion about you for others, especially those down on their luck. I can't count the times in Charleston when you told me stories about stopping on the road (while you were on call at night) to help someone stranded, gave money to someone that approached you in a parking lot, or gave extra food to the neighbors that I never went out of my way to get to know.

Thanks Honey for everything you do for me. You make me so happy!

3 comments:

Harris Happenings said...

Happy Anniversary!

Tawni Williams said...

You guys are so darling! Happy 4 years!! That is wonderful! SOOO love you guys

Laura said...

Wow, can't believe it's been four years! Happy Anniversary!