Saturday, May 16, 2009

Craft Day in May

I know I've explained that my family has craft day once a month but I have one aunt that lives in Layton, UT so every May anybody that can, heads down there for four days to craft, shop, and eat. The craft we made is a wood board that has interchangeable plexi glass plates and it talks about the seasons. It's really cute but I'll post pictures later when I actually have energy. We also did a tiled craft about chocolate and made a stand for it out of a fork - very inexpensive.

The shopping was fantastic! I was getting a little worried because of all the places we went, I couldn't find anything to buy and I specifically saved my money for this trip. Ugh, that's the worst feeling knowing you have money burning a hole in your pocket but you can't find anything worth paying for or a deal good enough. Luckily we made it to.......not sure what town I think Murray or Sandy........to a little store called Wood Connections. I won't tell you the amount of money I spent there but this place has crafts galore! I mean they are so dang cute and I can't wait to put all 5 or 6 crafts together so you can see what I'm talking about. They have anything you can imagine and do custom orders. Click HERE to check out their gallery (scroll down and click play) and get some ideas for yourself. They have a few locations and a lot of furniture, however the only store I went to was the actual craft store with the unfinished wood products and metal plates. SO CUTE!!!

We also went to a store called Rod Works that has home decor and tons of iron work and well, rod work. Very unique and cute ideas, go HERE to check it out!

So with all the shopping, crafting, and eating, I'm exhausted by all means and beyond ready for bed. I seriously don't know how I'm going to go back to work on Monday. It was such a fantastically fun trip, thank you SO MUCH Aunt Nancy for letting us all stay in your beautiful home and show us your neck of the woods. Everything was wonderfully done and I cannot say thank you enough!

No comments: