Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Nostalgia

This past fast and testimony sunday I was deeply touched by the words spoken by Brother Coleman. He spoke about a life long friend who became ill in the hospital and requested a blessing. The friend shortly passed away and Brother Coleman spoke of being reacquainted with loved ones in the next life and how unbelievably sweet it will be to see those we've not seen in years.

I was moved beyond expression. I lost all control of my emotions and wept like a child. Oh how I long to be with friends in Charleston and the members of the ward who are like family to me! I miss them all SO much, words cannot even begin to describe my aching and longing to be reunited with them.

With Lance's new calling (music chairman) he chooses the songs we sing in sacrament meeting and I had to glare him down as he was directing the music: the closing song was God Be With You Till We Meet Again. Don't get me wrong it's a great song, but it made me cry even harder. I could not stop nor control myself, I was tempted to walk out and regain composure in a different room but I was sitting in the very front and didn't want to pass everyone with my red, puffy face.

Thank you Brother Coleman for your words and testimony. Sometimes we never know how things we say or do affect other people, but this time it really did deeply affect me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

1 comment:

Justin and Crystal said...

And your friends in Charleston miss you sooooo much!!! Love you girl!