Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good Bye Time

Whew!!!!! I have been so incredibly, ridiculously busy it isn't funny in the least bit. I've had laundry piled up for the past month, dishes piled in the sink (heaven forbid we'd ever have a dishwasher!), dust caked up on everything, etc. My house has been a total disaster not to mention the outside. I purchased some seeds and bulbs two months ago to plant but still haven't found time to get outside. The grass needed to be mowed 2 months ago and don't even mention cooking, it's beyond out of the question.

Two weeks ago my brother went on a trip to Mexico and I was the lucky one to watch their three kids while they were away. Of course I still had to work (because I do like food and electricity) so the kids went elsewhere during the day. My sister in law warned me that the little one was ill, he wasn't eating very well, and I'd probably be up all night with him. Ugh....seriously??? How am I supposed to be up with a one year old all night and then try to work during the day? Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to this. I don't mind helping out but because I'm not a mom nor have any experience with overnight babysitting (slumber parties with Aunt Becky don't count) I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it. But alas, it was a huge success! The little sick one didn't give me any problems, he ate well, and they all slept well (whew!) I dreaded having to drop them off at their other aunt's house because I wanted to stay home with these angels all day. I couldn't wait for 5:30 to roll around so I could finally leave work and play with them all night. Oh and tucking them in - what a treat, loved it! If it's even possible, my love for them quadrupled, they are such good kids and I love being an aunt. It's the best thing in the world. I just have to quickly mention the thing I loved best about this whole experience: I loved waking up in the morning. To hear them open the squeaky door and lay in bed and snuggle with me - oh it was divine! Such sweet kids, I love them so much.

All last week I've been busy working on my mother's day project. I would explain what it is but my mom occasionally checks this, so I'll divulge details later. But lets just say that every waking minute for the past four months I've been working on it. I'm surprised Lance hasn't kicked me out by now because he's so sick of feeling like a bachelor. But it's finished, probably won't get here by mother's day but at least it's done.

No comments: