Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Another Day on the Job

I always welcome the opportunity to go on a job with the boys, just to get out of the office. In this case, Tim and Brad had to do some plumbing through the crawl space. I quickly learned exactly why it's called a crawl space.

Simple job: crawl through there and shove the tubing through the hole in the ceiling. Sounds simple, I didn't realize why they needed me until I saw it for myself. The crawl space is tiny, tiny! And where I had to crawl there was a drain pipe underneath me and duct work above me so the space in between was about 6 inches. Great! I crawled in about 7 feet to the designated hole for the tubing and got the job done. The hard part was getting out because I got stuck. I tried to turn around to come back down head first. That wasn't going to work and I got stuck again. I turned around to come down feet first, which eventually worked but not as quickly as I hoped.

See me way in there?
Trying to turn around.

I have no idea how I fit through this 6" space!

Turning around again.

Got stuck. Again. I was laughing because I couldn't believe how stuck I was and wanted to have the home owner cut me out of the ceiling. I thought I'd never get out of there.



2 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

Good thing you are tiny!!

Cassie said...

That is too funny. I would have panicked.